February 07, 2023
Lion's Mane: Your Brain's Best Friend
Our brain health can change for many reasons including stress, injury and aging. As we experience decreased cognitive function, anxiety and depression often increase as our symptoms of neurodegenerative diseases.
Lion's Mane is a neuro-regenerative functional mushroom that has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine with scientific evidence to support its role in improving our nervous system health and cognition.
Here are a few highlights.
1. Improves Cognitive Function
- Stimulates nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) jump-starting the production of new cells, repairing existing ones, and increasing brain plasticity.
2. Reduces Symptoms of Neurodegeneration
- Human clinical trials have shown that lion’s mane shows a cognitive improvement for elderly that suffered from mild cognitive impairment – such as the early onset of Alzheimer’s.
3. Improves Mood and Focus
- Contains two special compounds, hericenones and erinacines, that can stimulate the brain cell growth preventing anxiety and depression.
4. Supports Our Nervous System
- Improves memory, concentration, focus and cognitive function through neuro-regenerative qualities to help rebuild the myelin sheath that encases our nervous system.
- Demonstrates neuroprotective effects in Parkinson's Disease models.
Looking for an easy way to add Lion's Mane to your day? Check out our Lion's Mane functional mushroom gummies.